We have some great news! If you live, work and play in the Bathurst and Niagara neighbourhood, you’ll be able to shop for fresh local produce and artisanal goods every week every Monday from 4 PM to 8 PM at the Minto WestSide site until October! That’s right, we’re co-hosting the Farm City farmers market on our site for the next 5 months along with the Scadding Court Community Centre.
Here’a list of some of our local vendors and their products that you can expect to see at Farm City TO until October:
- Mnandi Pies has the best Zimbabwean meat pies in the city.
- Eudora’s Fine Foods carries homemade Indian-inspired sauces, marinades, chutneys, soup mixes, spice blends, spiced nuts and veggie samosas.
- Milk’s delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches made from scratch and with dairy and egg products from local farmers.
- Eli’s Body Shop, carrying organic health and beauty products like cocoa butter, and organic black soap facial cleansers.
- The Smoke Bloke was there with some of the best smoked salmon ever.
- Aangen Community Centre was there with the essentials: eggs, honey, maple syrup, bread, butter and assorted teas.
- Barry’s Garden Farm, selling all Ontario Grown fresh produce.
- Greg’s Fruits and Vegetables, selling farm fresh produce including peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries, tomatoes, potatoes and cucumbers.
Also, did that graffiti art catch your eye? It was a part of the NXNE art displays, and En Masse helped us decorate the new Minto WestSide site by painting a huge mural on the side of the building that’s standing at Bathurst and Front right now. More on En Masse later this week though!
See you at Farm City farmers market next Monday!