Although we are still experiencing those frosted morning commutes, windy evenings, and unpleasant drafts, we assure you… Spring IS here!
What better way to welcome this long awaited guest than to clean up, de-clutter, and revitalize our spaces! We have found a few ways that you can revitalize your hibernating home with a few simple tips!
- When tidying, reduce trips around the house by temporarily depositing items in one spot that’s easily accessible.
- Rather than tidying up/ cleaning a small portion and then leaving the area to go dispose of your garbage, it’s best to keep a garbage bag or throw-away pile close by so that you can work continuously!
- Work from the top down, inside to outside, to avoid getting what you just cleaned dirty again.
- When you chose an area to clean, start with an easy section that you are more likely to finish, vs. starting from anywhere and stopping half way because you become unmotivated or too tired!
- Do two things at once. While laundry is going, scrub the shower stall.
- Some argue that multi-tasking makes you less productive. We believe that when cleaning, it can actually help speed up the cleaning process! A perfect match would be doing laundry and de-cluttering a closet nearby.
- And last but definitely not least, invest in good rubber or vinyl gloves to protect your skin and nails.
- If you are the lady of the house and refuse to get that perfect manicure ruined, then having a good pair of gloves will motivate you to get started without thinking twice!
If you enjoyed these tips be sure to visit http://www.styleathome.com/organizing/organizing-ideas/10-spring-cleaning-tips/a/901 for more spring cleaning tips, ideas, and discussions!